SENE and KSR contact information:
Summit Expeditions & Nomadic Experience, Ltd.
P.O. Box 6491
Tanzania office physical address:
Bima plot 42
Summit Expeditions & Nomadic Experience, LLC
300 Red Winter Court
Matthews, NC, 28104
All references to ‘SENE,’ ‘our,’ ‘us,’ or ‘we’ within this policy are deemed to refer to either Summit Expeditions & Nomadic Experience, Ltd. (Tanzania), Summit Expeditions & Nomadic Experience, LLC (USA), their subsidiaries, affiliates, and/or suppliers that provide services to SENE, as appropriate.
We value the privacy of those who provide personal data to us. This policy applies to our clients, potential clients, website visitors, customers, consumers, distributors, suppliers, and potential suppliers. It describes:
- How we collect your personal data.
- The personal data that we collect.
- Why we need the data and how we use it.
- With whom the data is shared.
- How the data is stored.
- How long the data is kept.
- Your personal data rights.
How does SENE collect personal data?
SENE obtains your data that you provide when:
- You send us a message from the Contact Us page on either the SENE website or the KSR website.
- You send us an email at , , or any email address @nomadicexperience.com.
- You call us at any of the SENE phone numbers.
- You register for a trip by filling out the online SENE registration or KSR registration.
In addition, SENE may collect, via Google Analytics, certain data automatically, including, but not limited to, the type of mobile device you use, your mobile devices unique device ID, the IP address of your mobile device, your mobile operating system, the type of mobile Internet browsers you use, and information about the way you use the SENE website. The SENE website also collects precise data about the location of your IP via Google Analytics.
What personal data does SENE collect?
When you contact us from our websites, email us, or call us we collect the following personal data:
- Email address.
- Phone number.
When you register for a trip with SENE, we collect the following personal data:
- Contact information, including email address, phone number, and mailing address.
- Birth date; gender.
- Passport number and issuing country.
- Physical and health data; dietary restrictions.
- Other personal information relevant to your trip.
- Emergency contact name, email, and phone number.
- If applicable (dependent on payment method), credit/debit card details.
Why does SENE collect personal data?
When you contact us we need your personal data to send you trip itineraries, provide information about travel to Tanzania, respond to questions, provide requested documents, and maintain contact through SENE newsletters, informational emails, marketing materials, and required notices.
When you register for a trip with SENE we need your personal data for the following:
- To send information necessary for you to prepare for your trip with SENE.
- To book internal Tanzania flights for you (if applicable).
- To pay for your trip (if paying by credit/debit card).
- To provide our suppliers with the client data they require to provide services to our clients.
- In case of emergency while you are on a SENE trip.
- For SENE guides, crew, and staff to learn about clients prior to a trip in order to prepare them for providing SENE services. Only those SENE employees who will be interacting directly with clients receive client personal data, and only that data needed to provide their service, and only for those clients with whom they will be interacting. SENE office staff may receive personal data for storage and transmittal as part of their clerical tasks, or if interacting with SENE clients.
- To contact you after a trip to request evaluations and other follow-up communication and to maintain contact through SENE newsletters, informational emails, marketing materials, and required notices.
- Other purposes not listed above that are necessary for the planning, booking, managing, carrying out, and following up on any SENE trip.
With whom does SENE share your personal data?
SENE shares with our suppliers (hotels, lodges, camps, airlines, etc.) personal data of clients who register for a trip. We provide suppliers only the client data required to provide their services to SENE clients. This data may include, but not limited to, name, age, dietary restrictions, physical limitations, and any other information deemed relevant for them to provide their stated services.
SENE does not share any personal data with any third parties other than that shared with our suppliers as stated in the preceding paragraph. We do not share any personal data with any third parties for the purposes of marketing or sales.
SENE may disclose user provided personal data or automatically collected data under the following circumstances:
- As required by law, such as to comply with a subpoena, or similar legal process.
- When we believe, in good faith, that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, or respond to a government request.
- If SENE is involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, in which case you will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on our website of any change in ownership or uses of your personal data, as well as any choices you may have regarding the use of your personal data.
How does SENE store your personal data?
We take seriously safeguarding the confidentiality of your personal data. We provide physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect personal data we receive and maintain. We limit access to data to authorized SENE staff and suppliers who need it in order to operate our Tanzania trips. Please be aware that, although we endeavor to provide reasonable security for personal data, no security system can prevent all potential security breaches.
- We store your contact information on MailChimp, a secure online email marketing platform on SENE’s password-protected account.
- We store digital copies of your personal registration data on SENE’s secure Dropbox password-protected online storage account, synchronized with SENE personal computers at the SENE main office in Tanzania and satellite offices in the United States and France. All accounts and computers are password-protected and accessible only to authorized SENE personnel.
- Paper copies of personal registration data for each SENE client are printed and distributed only to SENE guides and personnel who have direct contact with the clients for whom they receive the copies. Paper copies are returned to the SENE Tanzania office upon the completion of a trip.
How long does SENE keep your data?
We retain personal contact data for as long as you use SENE services by receiving newsletters, informational emails, marketing materials, and required notices.
We retain personal data from trip registrations for the duration of your trip and for a period up to 24 months after your trip, at which time we delete all electronic copies of your personal data from all SENE computers and shared storage devices, and destroy paper records containing personal data. We do retain personal contact data obtained from registrations for the purposes of staying in communication through newsletters, informational emails, marketing materials, and required notices.
You may unsubscribe from SENE newsletters and emails at any time by selecting the unsubscribe option at the bottom of all such communication. You may also contact us at to request that we unsubscribe you.
We require a parent or legal guardian to authorize consent for sharing personal data of minors under the age of 18. If a parent or legal guardian is aware that their minor child has provided us with personal data without their consent, the parent or legal guardian should contact us at We will delete the minor’s personal data promptly upon request.
For members of the European Union:
- You have a right to a copy of all your personal data that we have on file.
- You have the right to file a complaint with your Data Protection Authority.
- You have the right to withdraw consent at any time.
- You have the right not be subject to automated decision-making and the logic involved, including the consequences thereof.
- See a complete list of your personal data protection rights.